Getting the foundations right
My view of career is that it means more than just the hours spent doing 'work' and should be blended with the rest of our lives.
Research has shown that there is a correlation between work satisfaction and life satisfaction and those of us reporting fulfilment in the work-related area of our lives are more than twice as likely to report satisfaction in other areas (Rath and Harter, 2010).
So our work or career is intertwined with other areas of life and considering our motivations and strengths is a great place to start when it comes to building a career.
Career Construction sessions can help you to think about what motivates you and what you enjoy doing. We can then use this foundational knowledge, along with some *psychometric assessments to help you understand yourself better, to get a clearer view on things and gain some direction for the future.
* Psychometric assessments may incur a cost for online assessment and supporting materials. There are some choices to be made about these and so the costs are variable but will be known ahead of time.
LOCATION & COSTS
Individual sessions can take place in Southampton or via Skype.
Goal Setting Conversation - £30
I offer a 30 minute Goal-setting conversation at a cost of £30 prior to the commencement of any agreed coaching in order to help you determine your goals and desires and the best way to achieve them.
Freestyle Coaching is built around 30, 60 minute or 90 Minute minute sessions, which are £30/£60/£90. This includes a reasonable amount of communication by email between sessions and enables you to go at your pace and meet for as many sessions as you choose.
Career Construction Package
For those who prefer a more structured approach, there is a 3-session Career Construction Framework that combines coaching conversations with individual reflection and learning within an agreed timetable.
This will give you:
- 6 hours of face-to-face coaching
- 6-10 hours of guided personal reflective work on your life and career with email support
- A Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Assessment with a Career Report
- A book on understanding personality using the Myers-Briggs model
- An assessment that identifies your 'signature strengths', the ones that define you and give you the greatest satisfaction when used often
- A development plan for your next steps
All of the above figures include preparation of materials between the coaching sessions, a reasonable amount of email communication, if desired, and VAT.